Tax Controversy Senior Consultant
Multiple Locations: Asheville, North Carolina, United States • Tysons, Virginia, United States • Charlotte, North Carolina, United States • Charleston, South Carolina, United States • Greenville, South Carolina, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9594
- Work in and participate in the build-out of a growing Tax Controversy and Procedure practice.
- Prepare federal interest and/or complex, multi-year federal tax computations for varying purposes including global interest netting studies and refund claims.
- Represent clients before the IRS to resolve federal interest computations, federal tax computations, and/or IRS account related matters.
- Participate in Knowledge Share on controversary matters within the Firm and externally.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in federal interest computation and/or complex, multi-year federal tax computation experience.
- CPA, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or in the process of obtaining.
- Experience with DMI (Decision Modeling Inc.) Interest and Penalty software or comparable interest netting software.
- Thorough knowledge of interest rules, regulations, revenue procedures and ruling, and other guidelines with the ability to research, analyze and determine complex interest situations.
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills required.
- Self-starter with effective communication and time management skills required to make progress on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate as a team and strive for personal efficacy and professionalism to provide outstanding client service.
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Controversy Senior Consultant