Tax Associate, Large Corp
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9585
- Prepare tax returns involving complex issues and with a concentrated focus on corporate income tax compliance
- Review less complex individual and business tax returns
- Prepare tax projections and other tax planning strategies
- Respond to tax notices
- Research increasingly complex tax issues using internet research services
- Handling multiple tasks and managing your schedule to meet internal and external deadlines
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Support training of tax associates and assist managers in development of staff
- Delegates work to staff according to their experience and capabilities in conformance with the planning documents
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3+ years of public accounting and/or corporate experience in a tax environment preferred
- Strong skills in research and writing required
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental accounting principals required
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills; ability to communicate effectively required
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment required
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Associate, Large Corp
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US