Tax Senior Associate, Tax Transformation
Multiple Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9564
How you will contribute:
- Exploring through Discovery of the clients' current state of tax function efficiency, through interviews with tax executives, tax team members, and general ledger professionals; communicating confidently and curiously.
- Working with the team to recommend solutions to clients based on information obtained during the Discovery process and their needs.
- Working with multiple tax subject matter and/or industry experts to provide the client with appropriate tax technical and/or industry support on projects, as needed.
- Assisting with the project management of the Discovery phase and data implementation services, including collaboration and management of IT, tax technology, process, and other FORVIS technicians to ensure the highest client service.
- Assisting with the preparation of client deliverables, which may include PowerPoint presentations, Visio workflows, functional business requirements, agendas, meeting summaries, and/or client memoranda.
- Applying personal tax technical acumen to each client project, as available; learn and develop new technical knowledge specific to the Tax Transformation practice and the clients we serve, by participating in professional development activities.
- Assisting with the development of Tax Transformation practice tools, templates, and procedures, utilizing FORVIS resources to the maximum extent
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Growth motivated to grow the practice with tax transformation services. This includes actively seeking out and participating in networking activities
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex information clearly
- Bachelor's in accounting or another related field
- 2 years or more of experience in tax accounting
- Working to obtain a CPA license and certified in one or more technology applications
- General understanding/experience of tax cycle and tax workflow within each cycle
- Ability to travel as needed to serve clients
- PMO and/or Six Sigma certification
- A broad range of tax knowledge experience, both technical (international, federal, state and local, etc.) and functional (compliance, provision, reserves, etc.)
- Process/technology experience in a tax environment
- Aptitude for process improvement identification and experience with data manipulation and/or tax systems
- Previous experience with a Big Four, National, or Regional CPA firm
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Senior Associate, Tax Transformation