Audit Manager - Non-Profit, Education and Government Group
Multiple Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States • Tysons, Virginia, United States • Richmond, Virginia, United States • High Point, North Carolina, United States • Asheville, North Carolina, United States • Memphis, Tennessee, United States • Raleigh, North Carolina, United States • Norfolk, Virginia, United States • Greenville, North Carolina, United States • Nashville, Tennessee, United States • Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9379
Our firm provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. Alongside the rest of our team, you will bring credibility to our client's financial picture, communicate information objectively and clearly, and provide insight to help clients improve their businesses. If r elationships are important to you, and you identify with the People First culture at FORVIS, we would like to hear from you!
How you will contribute:
- Reviewing audit engagement procedures performed by the audit team in a timely and professional manner
- Performing detailed audit procedures over various income statement and balance sheet accounts when necessary
- Understanding client service relationships and how to utilize firm resources to provide unmatched client service to existing clients
- Using technology tools proficiently in regular assignments and demonstrating a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Demonstrating your ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions, with an appropriate balance between client needs and the firm's risk
- Meeting assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of any variances
- Assisting with managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Participating in board and audit committee meetings presentations
- Building personal referral sources and clientele while actively participating in team marketing opportunities
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Experience managing multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Advanced analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to travel to serve clients
- Ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain professional client relationships
- A high level of knowledge ofcurrent audit and accounting concepts
- A desire to provide mentorship and training to other professionals
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 5 years of relevant audit experience
- Governmental industry audit experience
- CPA license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Community / Marketing Title: Audit Manager - Non-Profit, Education and Government Group