Audit Senior Associate, SEC Center of Excellence
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9400
Our firm provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. Alongside the rest of our team, you will bring credibility to our client's financial picture, communicate information objectively and clearly, and provide insight to help clients improve their businesses. If r elationships are important to you, and you identify with the People First culture at FORVIS, we would like to hear from you!
How you will contribute:
- Performing detailed audit procedures over various income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Proactively interacting with key client management to demonstrate your ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions
- Using technology tools proficiently in regular assignments and demonstrating a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Maintaining the appropriate balance between client needs and FORVIS' risk
- Managing assigned workload between yourself and FORVIS employees
- Meeting assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advanced notification of any variances
- Traveling to serve clients as necessary
- Completing required Continued Professional Education
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- An ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment to reach clear-set goals
- Communication skills to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of current audit and accounting concepts
- Ability to maintain professional client relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A desire to provide mentorship and training to other professionals
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant audit experience
- CPA License
Community / Marketing Title: Audit Senior Associate, SEC Center of Excellence
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US