Multiple Locations: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States • United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9466
As a Tax Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop a team while providing ultra-responsive customer service to our clients. If you have experience with managing tax advisory services, tax compliance, and tax provision to a diversified client base, this is the position for you!
How you will contribute:
- Managing tax advisory services, tax compliance, and tax provision to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services, technology, and financial institutions
- Helping to develop, build and manage client relationships
- Representing FORVIS in the professional and business community
- Participating in the proposal process for prospective clients
- Contributing to FORVIS-sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and internal learning and development.
- Assisting with managing, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Experience managing multiple client engagements
- A strong sense of ownership for delivering ultra-responsive Client Service
- Excellent supervisory, team building, and time management skills
- 5 years or more of relevant progressive experience in public accounting tax including technical tax consulting and research
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA license
- Master's degree in Taxation or Law degree
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Manager