Manager, Model Validation
Multiple Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States • Atlanta, Georgia, United States • Tysons, Virginia, United States • Fort Worth, Texas, United States • Richmond, Virginia, United States • Dallas, Texas, United States • Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States • Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9478
We are seeking an experienced Model Validation Manager, who will perform and manage independent model validation of various analytical models. The model validations will include:
• Assessing the conceptual soundness and applicability of the mathematical/statistical theories
• Evaluating data inputs and assumptions
• Testing model computational accuracy and
• Performing outcomes analysis (such as back-testing and benchmarking)
• Analytical models requiring validation and effective challenge may include BSA/AML, CECL, ALM, stress testing, scorecard, compliance/regulatory, pricing/valuation, regression and economic capital models.
Also included in responsibilities of this role:
• Manage, coach and review the work performed by other consultants
• Manage engagements from initial scoping to completion
• Primary communicator of engagement team
• Support with business development activities, including proposals and building relationships with clients
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, statistics or other quantitative fields required; advanced degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis, quantitative analysis and model validation activities with financial services institutions required
• Prior experience at a consulting and/or professional services firm would be preferred, but not required
• Professional Certification such as FRM or CFA strongly preferred
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with particular attention to detail required
• Ability to review, validate, or develop models related to one of more of the following strongly preferred: market, credit, operational, liquidity risk capital, ERM, insurance models, stress testing
• Experience with CECL, ALM, BSA/AML, and/or regulatory compliance models would be preferred, but not required
• Competency programming in languages such as SAS, R or Python and database management such as SQL preferred
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously required
• Ability to write and communicate complex observations into report and present to clients
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Model Validation