Paralegal - Risk Management Assistant
Multiple Locations: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States • High Point, North Carolina, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9503
- Responsible for reviewing, revising and drafting contracts and statements of work.
- Develop processes and policies of the organization developed by, or with the assistance of the legal and risk management departments.
- Organize and maintain contracts and files (both hard copies and digital).
- Legal research within governmental and research databases.
- Track contract renewals, legal filings, and other corporate requirements
- Coordinate corporate maintenance and related activities for non-US entities.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Firm's General Counsel and risk management teams.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters proactively and follow-through on tasks to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Assist with internal risk management by maintaining and filing various report documents, billing information, personnel information, and practice management documents
- Prepare, format, and modify documents and presentations including correspondence, reports, drafts, practice aids, memos, and emails
- Resource for special projects, at the request of team, which may include disseminating and gathering information from multiple sources/parties, taking initiative to follow up with relevant parties to ensure project requests are received timely, arranging meetings, monitoring deadlines, and performing data entry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 plus years of legal assistance or corporate risk management assistance experience working in a law firm or office of the in-house counsel preferred
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Experience writing drafts and proofreading documents required
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills required
- Excellent writing, communication and follow-up skills are required
- Exceptional abilities with Microsoft Office, including Word, Adobe, Power Point and Excel required
- Moderate knowledge and experience using and managing documents and pages on MS SharePoint preferred
- Experience in general legal research and a familiarity with secretaries of state databases required
- Experience with West-Law preferred
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment required
- Experience with implementing new processes preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Paralegal - Risk Management Assistant