Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2022-9517
The FORVIS audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses.
How you will contribute:
- Correctly performing most routine audit engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrating your ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions, with appropriate balance between clients' needs and the firm's risk
- Balancing assigned workload between self and staff
- Meeting assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of problems
- Show ability to supervise and train other professionals
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- An ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment to reach clear-set goals
- Communication skills to effectively relate to people of diverse backgrounds and experience levels both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of current audit and accounting concepts
- Ability to maintain professional client relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A desire to provide mentorship and training to other professionals
- Be willing and available to travel to serve clients
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting or related field
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have a CPA license
- This is an entry-level position that does not require prior experience. However, 1-2 years of experience is preferred
- Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit work
Community / Marketing Title: Audit Associate
Location_formattedLocationLong: Richmond, Virginia US