Student Associate Tax 2023 | Springfield
Location: Springfield, MO, USA
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2225127
Description & Requirements
As a Tax Student Associate, you will gain valuable experience and exposure to a variety of tax projects, as well as be able to test your technical know-how. You will work alongside our senior staff and management personnel, learning from their experience as you develop your skillset. FORVIS' Student Associate Program is an excellent opportunity for a sophomore or junior accounting student who would like to gain valuable experience in the tax department of FORVIS' Springfield office. This program also offers potential opportunities for full-time employment and career advancement after graduation.
How you will contribute:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Periodic closing procedures including account reconciliations and adjusting entries
- Individual and Corporate Tax preparation
- Accounts payable processing
- Sales and payroll tax returns
- Depreciation schedule preparation
- Provide proactive client service and meaningful accounting solutions
We are able to be flexible with your school schedule providing you are able to:
- Accommodate our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
- Have the ability to work each day of the week (M-F)
- Commit to at least 15-25 hours per week during the Academic year
- 20+ hours per week during the summer
- Working toward a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university, with a minimum 3.25 GPA (overall and major)
- Ability to balance academic schedule with the workload for multiple clients and projects while consistently meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Microsoft applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Applicants for positions with FORVIS must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Community / Marketing Title: Student Associate Tax 2023 | Springfield
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springfield, Missouri US