Tax Senior Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2225499
Description & Requirements
As a Tax Senior Manager at FORVIS, you value working closely with others to plan for the future and to help successful companies and their owners avoid surprises, coordinate tax strategies, and grow. You provide authentic support to your teammates and clients and communicate regularly with them to understand their business and industries.
You have an eye toward the future. You value community, team building, and being heard. If relationships are important to you, and you identify with the People First culture at FORVIS, we would like to hear from you!
How you will contribute:
- Providing tax compliance and tax advisory services to individuals, partnerships, S corporations, and corporations in a variety of industries
- Helping with developing, building, and managing client relationships
- Assisting with managing, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
- Reviewing returns prepared by tax associates and seniors
- Effectively delegating responsibilities to others, monitoring efforts of engagement teams
- Proficiently using technology tools in regular assignments and demonstrating a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Successfully researching complex tax issues, applying findings to projects, and communicating those findings in writing
We are looking for people with Forward Vision and:
- Experience managing multiple complex client engagements
- A strong sense of ownership for delivering ultra-responsive client service
- Excellent supervisory, team building, and time management skills
- 7 years or more of related experience in public accounting or corporate tax department
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA license
- Master's degree in Taxation or Law degree
- Partnership tax experience
#LI-CH1 #LI-CHI #LI-OAK
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Senior Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US