Tax Senior Associate | Part-Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2224608
Description & Requirements
As a Tax Senior Associate at FORVIS, you value working closely with others to plan for the future and to help successful companies and their owners avoid surprises, coordinate tax strategies, and grow. You will provide authentic support to your teammates and clients and communicate regularly with them to understand their business and industries.
If relationships are important to you, and you identify with the People First culture at FORVIS, we would like to hear from you!
How you will contribute:
- Providing tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Assisting in supervising, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
- Helping to develop and manage client relationships
- Providing timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Representing FORVIS in the marketplace at networking events
- Participating in the proposal process for potential new clients
- Participating in campus recruiting initiatives and programs
- Contributing to FORVIS-sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publications and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Working with your team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Relevant progressive experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate tax and experience in public accounting
- A strong sense of ownership for delivering high-quality service to client service and experience servicing multiple client engagements
- Excellent supervisory, team building, and time management skills
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A solution-finding attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against target dates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant progressive tax experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate tax and public accounting experience
- Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation, Law degree or a related field
- CPA license
City: Kansas City
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Senior Associate | Part-Time
Location_formattedLocationLong: Kansas City, Missouri US