Tax Associate | Salt Lake City
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
At FORVIS, your career is designed with a purpose. We want our team members to thrive professionally and feel the impact their work yields when serving clients, industries, and local communities. This starts by empowering team members to design a career journey that leverages their skills and fuels their passions.
Creating a best-in-class employee experience is at the heart of our vision for the future. With several industry focus areas, multiple service lines, and locations in five geographical regions across the country to choose from, the opportunities for your career are without limit.
FORVIS is a Top-10 professional services firm providing assurance, tax, and advisory services, driven by our commitment to using our forward vision to provide rewarding career opportunities and deliver unmatched client experiences. Learn more at FORVIS.com
Design your career with purpose at FORVIS. For more information about our firm locations, visit FORVIS.com. FORVIS, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected classifications.
It is FORVIS's standard policy not to accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
• FORVIS expressly reserves the right not to consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
• FORVIS further reserves the right not to pay a fee to a recruiter or agency unless such recruiter or agency has a signed vendor agreement with FORVIS.
• Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of FORVIS without having a FORVIS vendor agreement in place will be considered the property of FORVIS.
Requisition Number: 2224953
Description & Requirements
As a Tax Associate at FORVIS, you will gain valuable experience and use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems and apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will have the opportunity to work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and strengthen the foundation on which you will build your career. You will also work alongside our senior staff and management personnel, learning from their experience as you develop your skill set.
How you will contribute:
- Providing tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Helping to develop and manage client relationships
- Providing timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Representing FORVIS in the marketplace and at networking events
- Participating in the proposal process for potential new clients
We are looking for people who have Forward Vision and:
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as independently
- A problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting or related field
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have a CPA license
- This is an entry-level position that does not require prior experience. However, 1-2 years of experience is preferred
- Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing tax work
- Proficiency in tax provision analysis
City: Salt Lake City
Community / Marketing Title: Tax Associate | Salt Lake City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salt Lake City, Utah US